Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Air We Breathe ~ Christa Parrish

The Air We BreatheThe Air We Breathe by Christa Parrish

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Their family had been a typical family living the American dream. But a weekend shopping trip with her father turns into a nightmare for 11 year old Hannah, when her father is killed in a bank robbery and she is kidnapped by her fathers murderers who can't risk losing her because she is a witness. She is mistreated and abused and only by a miracle does she escape, but her life is in shambles, she's always afraid they will find her and always blames herself for her daddy's death.
There is only one person that Hannah trust enough to talk to but her mom is jealous and distrustful of this stranger and eventually she and Hannah disappear without a trace, both fearing for their very lives.
I found this book hard to review, it is so deep, so sad, and so real!
I was emotionally exhausted by the time this book was over. I felt like I knew these people, feared for them everyday, prayed for them, and lost them.
The ending was so sweet and hopeful, like a rainbow after a terrible storm, so subtle yet so full of promise!
Read "The Air We Breather", I don't think you will regret it. This is THE best book I have read in quite awhile!

I received this book for an honest review from Bethany house publishers!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment